Monday, January 10, 2011

Stationery Fiend

For me, one of the joys of real letter writing is the stationery. Ever since I was a little girl I've been a stationery fiend. Though a trip to an office supplies megastore is a pretty pleasurable adventure for me, what really makes me pop my cork is a trip to a beautiful paper store (or paperie, if you want to be fancy).  

I recently came across this post about the joys of writing a real letter from Two Hands Paperie in Boulder, Colorado:


I have... recently helped a few customers purchase letter writing materials- paper, envelopes, pens, and even wax seals and sealing wax. Their intentions were to do away with email, and write letters again. Because of these interactions, I recently decided that I needed to write a letter myself.  I asked myself Who do I know that would really enjoy receiving a letter? ...The tactile experience of writing, of addressing an envelope, and sending it off was something I had forgotten about.

Who do you know that would really enjoy receiving a letter? Do you have an old friend you've lost touch with? An elderly or sick relative who doesn't get out much? A long-distance love? Why don't you get down to your local paperie, pick out some beautiful paper and get inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...